Top Ten Male Characters
I’ve read enough books to find some great male characters in the world of words and literature. Here’s my pick for the top five male characters (in no particular order!)
- Dash, AKA Dashiell from Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares. Dash has just the right amount of persnickety-ness and indifference to make you love him. Although he’s a bit rough around the edges, his appreciation for The Strand can’t be overlooked. Love ya, Dash!
- Craig Gilner from It’s Kind of a Funny Story. Craig is such a dimensional character. I could totally relate to how Craig felt about the pressures of doing well in school and the fear of the future. Craig will change your perspective on the little things in life.
- Elder from Across the Universe. Elder’s not afraid of his feelings toward Amy. Sure, she sticks out like a sore thumb and having the slightest bit of interest in her could totally ruin his reputation as leader of the ship, but Elder doesn’t seem to care. Also, he’s not afraid of changing things up a bit. Elder’s a prime example of a leader if you’re looking for one!
- Mr. Darcy from Pride & Prejudice. It’s no secret that I absolutely adore Mr. Darcy. He’s intelligent, honest, and let’s face it, he’s not smooth with the ladies. But when he loves someone, he loves someone. Elizabeth didn’t know what she was missing out on all those years. Darcy’s perfect in all the wrong ways and with a name like Fitzwilliam, how can you not love him?
- Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars. I fell in love with Augustus almost instantly. I really don’t know what to say on his behalf, really. Just go read the book and fall in love with him too!